Required and Elective Courses
Curriculum of Undergraduate Program
Freshmen receive their common course education in the first year. From the second year, they receive education in basic medicine. From the third year, they take courses in basic dentistry and the fourth year in clinical dental fields. From the sixth year, they are allotted to teaching hospitals or medical centers receiving one-year hands-on training for internship to incorporate their knowledge into clinical skills. After six years systematic learning and taking 245 credit units, they take a licensing examination held by the government to become qualified dentists. Dental students spend a total of 6 years studying dentistry and related fields. Upon graduation students are given a bachelor degree as a Doctor of Dental Science (D.D.S.).
Common course a Chinese, English, Biology, General Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Introduction to arts, etc. (The main point is basic science, knowledge on beauty, medical ethics and language training.)
Basic Medicine a anatomy, Histology, Biochemistry, Microbiological immunity, Pathology and Pharmacology, etc. (Medical education begins to make students understand the relationship of the human body to medical knowledge.)
Basic Dentistry a Tooth Morphology, Oral anatomy, Oral Embryo-histology, Oral Pathology, Dental Pharmacology, Gnathology, etc. (Focus on oral and facial part.)
Clinical Dentistry a Pedodontics, Orthodontics, Periodontology, Fixed Prosthodontics, Endodontics, Oromaxillofacial Surgery, Oral Diagnosis, Operative Dentistry, Complete Denture, Oral Implantology, etc. (to offer students comprehensive understanding to clinical dentistry by classroom teaching and hospital clerkship and internship. also to make students understand doctor-patient relationship, medical system and clinical treatment such as to realize association between scientific theory and practical clinical application. )
- go for advanced study in graduate schools in Taiwan or abroad (mostly USA or Japan), taking courses in Dentistry or Basic Medicine to work for Master’s degree or Ph.D.. After, they can take jobs in teaching, research, and clinical treatment.
- practice in hospitals or private clinics for at least two years and receive short-term training courses in Taiwan or abroad. After they acquired clinical knowledge and technique, they may become general practitioners in local areas to offer dental services to the public.
Curriculum of Master Program
|School of Dentistry&Graduate Institute of Dental Sciences||Graduate Institute of Dental and Oral Health Industries|
|107 Enroll||107 Enroll|
|108 Enroll||108 Enroll|
|109 Enroll||109 Enroll|
|110 Enroll||110 Enroll|
Curriculum of Ph.D Program
|Graduate credit requirement|
Stomatology topics Evaluation
- Establishment of master proposal inspect committee
- Recognition of master proposal
- Master proposal interview evaluation